Border entry requirements for self-drive vehicle into Zambia -in regard to border processing at Kazungula and others.
1. Temporal export permit from country ofexport/origin
2. Copy of the White book for the vehicle
3. Letter of authority to drive the vehicle
4. Interpol Clearance
5. Territorial Insurance extension or insurancefrom any Zambian insurance Company upon entry and before you go to custom
6. To pay for Carbon tax at Customs (in ZambianKwacha)
7. To pay Council Levy at Customs (in ZambianKwacha)
8. To pay Bridge Toll fee at customs (in USdollars)
9. To pay road toll at RATSA (in Zambian Kwacha orin US Dollars)
10. Cash in dollars to pay for Bridge TollFees. Carbon tax, Council levy, insurance if not holding a territorialinsurance, to be paid in cash in Zambian Kwacha
11. Visa fee to be paid in dollar cash atImmigration
12. All documents should be printed and on file, nosoft copies on the phone or email
13. Valid Driving license and copy on file
14. Copy of the first double page of the passport onfile too
NOTE: There is GoldenCoin Bureau De Change at the OSBP for your convenience and ease of any currencyconversions.
Insurance Broker is also housed at the OSBP next to theBureau de Change
Self-drives are different from Guide driven. With the guidedriven, the guide would need a work permit to offer their services in Zambia orour parks, Besides that, they would need incenses to guide in our parks as eachpark has its respect license.
Improve your tour operator business with the help of ZATO experts in a wide area of topics. Consultancy sessions for ZATO members are free.Read More
ZATO promotes and develops community based tourism in Zambia. We strongly believe it is through community based tourism that our cultural tourism which is almost non-existent can be developed, encouraged and enhanced.Read More
ZATO provides various workshops and training for their members.Read More
fair treatment of SME Tour operators
The Association aims to position itself as a vehicle to lobby cooperating partners and Government on various issues concerning tourism development in Zambia and also to lobby and promote secure, safe and business friendly working environment for Tourism businesses and their staff ZATO is also keen to develop relationships with other Tourism Associations within the country and surrounding regions which have similar values and mandates in the tourism industry.More About ZATO
ZATO is the tourism association in Zambia that helps your business grow. We are strong advocates for your interest. Support you in marketing your products domestic and international.
Be the first to sell new community experiences and stay on top of the lastest government and market information